Due to the continued expansion of our offshore Survey and Positioning division, an opportunity has arisen to join Interocean Marine Services Limited as a Graduate Surveyor.
The role of Graduate Surveyor at Interocean presents an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to start a career in the offshore survey industry in a multi-disciplined environment. The primary responsibility of the Graduate Surveyor will be to assist with office based operational support tasks as required and will work towards taking on offshore roles.
The successful candidate will be required to attend training and other learning opportunities as required, to work towards the role of offshore surveyor/data processor.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- To support the office based operations of the Survey Division in terms of land survey work, documentation, data management, data processing and production of final deliverables
- To assist with the installation of the survey systems on board rigs/vessels/tugs and associated work sites, including the accurate determination and application of antenna and sensor offsets
- To conduct system calibrations
- To monitor the quality of survey positioning and sensor data during rig positioning, construction and survey data acquisition operations
- To liaise effectively with other operational areas in the Rigmar Group
- To ensure full, clear and accurate on-line records and survey logs are kept
- MSc or BSc in geomatics, surveying or similar
- Detailed knowledge of land survey and hydrographic theory including geodesy, statistics, offsets, calibrations, tides and basic oceanography
- Understanding of standard survey equipment including DGPS systems, Total Stations, RTK DGPS systems and laser scanners
- Knowledge of CAD and GIS packages
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel and Word
- Proactive, professional and flexible approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A practical approach to operations and equipment
- Client and delivery focused, committed to achieving department, project and Company goals
Salary – negotiable
Applications including CV to be submitted to – firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 April 2019.